Friday, September 23, 2011

Here we are again

Hey! I'm back again.
It's been a long time since I posted here. Sometimes life sneaks up on us and seems to demand all our attention, with nothing to spare for anything else...or at least it seems that way at the time.
So we have a lot of catching up to do. I just don't have the energy to go through the past year and a half moment by moment, so I will just hit the high (or low) spots.
Where to start...well, Jim lost his job, looked for a job, couldn't find a job and got depressed. Money was tight and spirits were low. This went on for months. I started doing what I had always done, turned to food for comfort. Not a good plan. However, I didn't fall all the way back into my old habits. I couldn't. Something (or SomeOne) held me back, and kept me from going too far off the pathway... but I came close!
God was still working in me. I could still hear His voice, but I had the volume turned way down low.
I gained back some weight. I'm not sure how much, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say 20-25 lbs. or so. I mean I had lost over 100 lbs, so what if I gained a few of them back, right? Wrong. I started feeling crummy. Sick. Every night. Blood pressure up, heart beat irregular. I felt God tapping on my shoulder again, and I knew I better get my act together before He kicked me in the pants...again.
OK. I came up with a plan. Started being more careful with my diet, measuring my portions again. Blood pressure wouldn't come down. I started cutting back on the sodium in my diet. Still high. Started walking around the neighborhood. Feeling better. Swimming laps through the summer. Better still, but not great. What more can I do? Pray.
It should be the first thing we do, but often, it's the last.
So, here we are again. Still on this same pathway, bumpy as it is. As my journey continues, so will this blog. I thought counting carbs was difficult, but watching your sodium is harder than anything else up to now. But more on that in another post.
God is faithful and so were those who were praying for us for all those months. Thank you. About one week before our COBRA insurance ran out, Jim got a job. He works nights now, which was an adjustment we had to make, but WE HAVE INSURANCE, and A PAYCHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment