Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Joy...and temptations.

My mother has come to visit for a few weeks! I am so excited to see her. However, while this occasion brings with it great joy, it also brings great temptations. In the past any visitor has been a wonderful excuse for excessive eating in every way, shape, or form I could imagine. Dining out for brunches, lunches and dinners, rich desserts, and, of course, the making of special, oh-so fattening recipes. "I'm so glad you're here, let's celebrate!" As they say, "food is love", at least to those of us who love food!
What to do? Depite the fact that my Mom swears she just wants to eat exactly the same way I have been eating, she's hinted at dining at special restaurants we've frequented with her in the past. We've also already started receiving invitations to dine out with friends who know Mom is in town. I do not want to be the party pooper, and yet...I'm afraid. Being blasted with temptation will wear me down. I do not want to fall. There is safety in my daily routine.
All I can do is follow my diet today, pray for strength, and worry about tomorrow...tomorrow.
"One day at a time..." it's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment