Thursday, September 3, 2009

So I ate all the croutons...

Tonight I went out to dinner with my friend Jill. Going out to eat poses a challenge for those of us on a diet. In my case, I chose to go to a restaurant where I already knew the menu and could "pre-plan" what I was going to order. This way, I would not leave myself open to the temptation of ordering something I suspected would endanger my diet. When confronted with temptation, I've learned, don't give yourself time to rationalize a bad choice.
We went to a restaurant called, "The Loop", and I ordered the tomato soup/salad combo. The Loop has an excellent tomato soup and it didn't bother me that I couldn't have the burgers or pizzas I saw being served around me. I did allow myself to eat the croutons on my salad, something I might have passed on previously, but by getting the salad instead of a sandwich or wrap, I saved on my allowed carbs. So I ate all the yummy croutons and felt quite indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment